We would like to proudly introduce you to our latest collaborative initiative: the innovation competition “CoInnovation GHN x GER Edition“. Learn all about the competition itself, the application process and your benefits in this article.
What is the innovation competition?
The innovation competition “CoInnovation GER x GHN Edition” is aimed at mixed teams of startups from Ghana and Germany. It arose from a networking project supported by the German Corporation for International Cooperation (“Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit”). The regional focus is on Kumasi and Tamale in Ghana and the state of North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany. The competition aims to jointly develop innovative project approaches in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that make practical contributions to the economic and social development (especially of the North) of Ghana.
Who can apply?
For the innovation competition we distinguish between two applicant groups:
- Applicant tandem consisting of a German and Ghanaian start-up / SME: you already have contacts to Germany or Ghana and know exactly with which partner you want to implement a project.
- Solo applicant: a German or Ghanaian start-up / SME would like to submit a project for the innovation but has no concrete partner from the other country at hand.
The start-up / SME must meet the following criteria:
- profit or non-profit organization
- not older than 7 years
- max. 20 full-time employees
What is being funded?
The innovation competition is intended to fund projects that pursue the following goals/criteria:
- A cooperation between German and Ghanaian start-ups is to be initiated, which creates synergies for both parties.
- Both companies are involved in the implementation of the project.
- The prize money will be used exclusively for the implementation of the project.
- New innovation opportunities are initiated.
- The project contributes to the achievement at least one or more SDGs.
- The project contributes to the economic and social development of Northern Ghana.
What is the application process?
The application process is based on the respective applicant group:
- Tandem applicants: The competition phase begins with the announcement of the call for proposals. The application deadline is 25/03/2022.
- Solo applicants: The competition phase is divided into three stages.
By 28/02/2022, the applicants must have completed the project outlines and the “Search Partner” form and sent them to the e-mail address below.
By 10/03/2022, we will review the solo applicants received and match and introduce each other to suitable other applicants based on the partner requirement.
By 25/03/2022, the matched tandem must compile, revise, and submit the remaining project materials.
Read more about the needed application documents and the evaluation phase on our website.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Valuable contacts: Even if you are not selected as one of the top 3 teams, you can gain meaningful contacts through the innovation competition.
- Development of your business model: With the help of the elaboration of your project sketches, you can re-challenge your current business model and accordingly work out points that can improve it.
- Prize money: The three first-place winners will receive a reward of €10,000 each, as well as coaching for the further development and implementation of their project idea.
Sounds like something that is worth applying for to you? What are you waiting for?
If you have any questions concerning the innovation competition “CoInnovation GHN x GER Edition” do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.